The workshop has been compiled specifically for all business people who want a full understanding of written business communication principles and who want to communicate more professionally, quickly and accurately, thereby improving their business effectiveness.
The Effective Business Writing Skills programme requires learners to follow a process in writing effectively and professionally. This workshop is intended to promote clear, unambiguous communication in plain language and to improve the quality of written documentation, which is specific to the business environment. The unit standard enables learners to recognise and effectively use textual conventions and features specific to business texts.
- Use textual features and conventions specific to business texts for effective writing,
- Identify and collect information needed to write a text specific to a particular function
- Compose a text using plain language for a specific function
- Organise and structure a text appropriately for a business function
- Present a written text for a particular function in a business environment